Our little family

Our little family

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Pretty in Pink

Morgan turned 1 July 17th!  This year has flown by and I'm amazed at how fast she has grown!  It's also amazing how much one little person learns in their first year!!!  Once she was born I finally realized why I was put on this earth!  She is an amazing little girl and such a joy! 

I decided to decorate Morgan's birthday party around the theme "Pretty in Pink."  I honesty don't care for "themed" parties but this seemed simple.   Everything turned out cuter than I had expected.  Throwing a b-day party is EXHAUSTING!!  I surprised myself and cooked everything (except for the Bar-b-Que thanks to Shane's Rib Shack)!  With my mom's help we did everything in one day! 
  Instead of a birthday sheet cake, I decided to do a "dessert table!"  It turned out really cute and the younger kids (actually teens) enjoyed it!  Included on the menu: Bar-b-Que sandwiches, pasta salad, chips w/ ranch dip, baked beans, strawberry, blueberry and mango salad, cupcakes, Oreo pops, thumbprint cookies,  brownie gems and pink lemonade!  Yum!  And of course pink balloons to tie everything together!

Flowers from mom's garden
Of course Morgan loved being the center of attention!  Even though she was suffering through yet another ear infection, she behaved like a princess :)
During her 18 minute slide show of herself (lol) she entertained the crowd while sitting on her toy box her Papa Willard made her!  Wow!
Our sweet baby girl!

Morgan and I are truly blessed for Freddie!  He is a wonderful husband and father.  He loves Morgan with every fiber of his being!  He does anything to make her happy:)

Isn't it funny when you put sunglasses on a kid how their total expression changes!! LOL~~ I love it!

Too Cool!!

First birthday party= big success!!!

1 comment: